Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Other Peoples' Lemons

Many of you have asked about how I got started with blogging and how do I have the time to write? Well, it all started with a pack of Pokemon cards and a fantastic blog called Because I Said So. Dawn has become a cyber friend who has introduced me to the humor in the craziness that is the SAHM. As I read her posts I thought, "Hey my kids do some pretty great things and I know there are lots of folks out there that would love to hear more about them." So I began blogging about the Minis at Super Mom to the Minis. As for the time, well that is another issue all together. Do I have scads of extra time? Not really, but when I have a thought it takes me only a few minutes to write a post for y'all.

But what I really wanted to tell you about were some lemons that I have been sharing with Dawn and many others in cyberspace. Dawn would occasionally ask us (her readers) to pray for Julian (aka: King Julian, JuJu). So I got curious and went to CarePages and looked up JuliansWorld and found the most amazing little boy and his Mama, Mimi. Julian was about 4 when I began following his journey with cancer. (Sorry I am bad with all the big medical words and can't tell you exactly what kind. All I know is that it started in his brain and eventually ended up in his spine and lots of other places.) And it didn't take long to fall in love. Well, sadly Juju went home to be with the Lord a couple of months ago. But (and here comes the lemon recipe) his Mama has met so many wonderful people through this dark valley that have been such a blessing to her and to some of the other children with cancer.

One of these special people is Michelle. She is a writer and illustrator who writes children's books. Michelle has felt called to turn her talents toward help to fight cancer. So she has developed a whole array of cards and other artsy things and is donating 50% of the proceeds to fighting pediatric cancer. So please take a minute and go to My Semblance of Sanity and show some love and encouragement.

No comments: